Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mather's Day?????

The question marks are there for a reason. I have been up most of the night with Addison, so I am not so sure that my Mother's Day will be all that happy. You see, Addison had tubes put in her ears and her adenoids removed on Friday. Her ears only bother her when I put the medicine drops in. However, the removal of the adenoids have caused more discomfort and pain for my little princess. She has a cough and each time she does, it rattles everything up there. On top of that, she is now congested, so every time she sniffles, it hurts her. She has been whining most of the night, saying... "Momma, Addie hurt!" I never woke up during the night until I became a mother. Now, every sound is intensified because I think something must be wrong. In turn, I don't get much rest on nights like this while Jonathan is dead to the world. Ahh, to be a daddy. Oh well, I have been needing to add a new post about Addison's big hospital adventure so here goes...
Addison's surgery was not until late in the morning, so to keep her mind off food, we took her to the park to play. I think it worked. She only ask for a snack and a drink once during the morning. I told her she would have to see the doctor first and she was okay with that.
When the nurse called me for the pre-hospitalization interview, she said Addison could have her favorite toy or blankie with her. Well, Addison doesn't have a favorite toy or blankie, so we went to the gift shop and let her pick out a "special" toy for her "BIG ADVENTURE." I had recently purchase a Dora goes to the Doctor book, so Addison in turn chose a Boots doll.
This is Addison and Boots after the meds had started to kick in. She was sooooo loopy!! We shot video of her babbling, giggling, and falling over. (I don't know how to get the video from Jonathan's phone to blogspot. I did add it to facebook though) Anywho, it was hilarious!!
This is Addison being wheeled to surgery. She was such a BIG GIRL!! She never cried. She was ready for her "BIG ADVENTURE!" She even said "cheese" for this pic.
The nurses and staff at the hospital were so accommodating. We went into a recovery room that had a large, comfy recliner. They had me sit, put my feet up, and handed Addison to me so that she would be with mommy when she woke up. I am so proud of how she did. She was a trooper.
After all this (and being up a 4am), I will have a Happy Mother's Day after all because being a mother has made me the HAPPIEST of all.
I hope everyone has a blessed Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post. I will really be praying for that little one. She's been through a lot. Enjoy your mother's day.

    ReplyDelete