Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's official!!

Well, Jonathan and I stood before a minister for the 3rd time yesterday to confess our love and commitment to one other. The Lord has known all along that we belong together, but we were too blind and deaf to see or hear Him working in our lives. It has been a long 15 years, but this time I believe it is FOREVER! We have a beautiful daughter and she is all the more reason to make it work this time. We went VERY low key this time. Jonathan and I even discussed that we were going to do everything different this time. We ate lunch together, rode to the church together, wore jeans, invited a few close friends and family, had no music, flowers, or cake and IT WAS PERFECT!! Please pray with us the 3rd time is a charm!!
This is my best friend, Robyn, who drove like a madman to get from Dover to Fort Smith for the 7 minute ceremony!! Another one of my best friends, Leslie, was there taking photos. Our guest list included...my parents, Jonathan's mom & sister, Leslie's husband, Graham, and their daughter, Ava Grace, our pastor, and one of Robyn's friends from Dover!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Sounds like both of you have been stubborn for years, but God is Sovereign. So happy for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perfect! I'm so excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael! Just noticed you were a new "follower" of mine! Just wanted to stop by and say Congratulations! :) Hope you and Addison are enjoying the summer together so far...I'm so happy to be home with Caroline! :)

    ReplyDelete